Image Map

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Currently...October!

I can't believe its Currently time again! Go and link up with Farley here. And before I get into my currently, did you know she has currently templates for your classroom? They are definitely on my wishlist for the 2013 school year!

Ahhhh school holidays - the sweet time of year where I can be in my house and it is QUIET! My kids do not go to school yet, only preschool, and I have to pay whether they attend or not. So I use holidays as a time to just take some me time. And with my oldest going to school next year, its my last holidays by myself!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Spring! Except for all the flies - I hate flies!

Term Four at school is usually hectic to say the least with reports, picnic day, presentation days etc. I am trying to block it for a few more days and then will let all the stress start creeping in. And we have a new principal starting on the first day of this coming term. I am hoping for some positive changes.

Wanting an Ipad! I still havent joined in the hype and really really want to be a cool kid. The next couple of weeks is my goal.

As for books, I am a super reading nerd! The newest Harlen Coben one is awesome! If you like a bit of suspense, try the book, although it has a book previous to it (like a little series). Definately worth a read. And I *heart* Jackie Collins - you know you do too!

Don't forget Aussie TPT sellers and bloggers, I will be closing the interest for the giveaway on Saturday so I can get all the info together. See my previous post for more info. And if you aren't Australian, I hope to see you back next week when we show you how awesome Australian's are and enter to giveaway!!

14 comments:

  1. LOL..I too Love the sound of Peace and Quiet....it seems the after full moon is still alive and well at school .....I have the first IPAD (as does school) but I am going for the Iphone 5.....For now :) As for vacuuming my lab decided it was time to shed weeks ago, so it is a nightly visit with the dyson around here:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh the iphone five is on my wishlist too - can upgrade my current phone very soon :)
      i hear you about labs - I have a big fat chocolate one and her hair floats around like tumbleweeds!

      Delete
  2. I love Harlen Coben... good reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thumbs up! The new Mickey Bolitar series are great!

      Delete
  3. It's so funny to read about your excitement about spring when I am so thrilled it's finally feeling like fall here :) Good luck with the iPad - I need to jump on the "cool kid" bandwagon, too :) I'm your newest follower!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Kelly - maybe one day we can both be cool kids

      Delete
  4. I don't know Harlen Coben -- need to check it out!!!!
    And I love that you're excited for spring when we're excited for fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, I am loving Spring...it feels like it has been a long, cold winter here in Wagga. The only good thing about winter is the boots as far as I am concerned.
    I also used to keep my kiddos in daycare on holidays (they are 7 and 11 now)...with young children you deserve a bit of me time- which should always include peace and quiet. Why does reading a non teacher book feel so decadent now! I am reading Lisa Gardner - The Killing Hour, I have a Kobo which I love for travelling, I never run out of reading material on holidays now! Enjoy the rest of your holidays!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Do it." "Do it." That's what I'm hearing when I think about the I-pad!! Good luck! Blog about it if you end up getting one!

    Second Grade Nest>
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely blog about it! Hopefully before the end of October!

      Delete
  7. iPads are fun. And pretty cool. But I tend to use my computer more. I'm not cool enough, I guess!

    New follower!
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get the iPad! I love mine! I'm reading blogs on the couch as we speak (or write?) Anyway, I my sweet hubbie got me a Zagg keyboard case for my iPad this summer and I loooooove it.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete