Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The big news!

Well...guess what? On Tuesday, I was walking past the principals office when "Brooke, can I talk to you for a minute?" GULP "Sure", was the reply. "How do you feel about having Kindergarten next year?" GULP. "Sure", was the reply again.


I am going to be a Kindergarten teacher!!!!!!

Less than 2 years ago, I was know at school as the primary teacher, the Year 6 person etc. I knew I needed a change and going to Year 2 was a huge adjustment last year. This year has been awesome on Year 2 and I am in my groove.

Enter spanner in the works.

I am super excited, but a huge bit nervous!

What I need from my bloggy friends is some great recommendations about Kinder blogs to follow, and Kinder TPT shops I need to visit.

Please help me!

But here I sit, ready to declare - Kindergarten here I come!!!

**Apologies for the abundance of exclamation points in this post


  1. YEOW! You're so lucky to know early! I can't wait to find out what my prin is thinking.

  2. OMG!! That's so exciting!! When does your new school year in Kindergarten start? Congrats and enjoy!! :)

  3. I am excited for you! I am student teaching in Kindergarten right now and I LOVE IT!!! Best wishes :)

  4. Congratulations on Kindergarten~!! You will have a heap of fun if you like crafts/handwork. Kindergarten is very hands on with concrete learning.

    Here are a few kindergarten blogs that I like:

    and of course my own blog,


  5. I forgot to mention that pretty much all of those blogs also have TpT stores as well. :o) Have fun shopping~!!


  6. Also

  7. How exciting - you'll love teaching Kindergarten! Having been in there for the previous 3 years (including my Prep/1 this year!), it's an absolute ball. Shout out if you ever need someone to bounce ideas around with.


  8. I'd be absolutely freaking out if I was given that news! I don't think I could ever teach kindergarten! I really admire people who do though, because it is something I'd fail at miserably and I think it would be the hardest grade to teach. Good luck!

    Down Under Teacher

  9. How Fantastic Brooke! I LUUURRVE Kindergarten/Prep! I miss it so much. Will be happy to pass on resources, tips, ideas.
    I usually teach kinder but for the last 2 yrs have been 2/3. Hoping to get back there someday *sigh*. This is the time where you see those little lights go on for kiddos when they realise they CAN read and write- it is a super time to be there as a teacher. You will really enjoy it I think- I can already foresee you will be hitting Pinterest with a vengeance lol
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

  10. Wooo Hoo! Congratulations Brooke! I loved teaching Prep - you get some crying, but you also get some absolutely beautiful moments - ah hah moments in prep are tdf! It's great you know so early! Hope you got the reports finished......


  11. SO exciting!!!! I wish I knew where I'm going to be. I'm pretty sure it'll be 2 again though.

    You'll get to use some UH-MAZING Deanna Jump material though! EXCITEMENT!!!

    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

  12. Yay for are so lucky to already know in November where you are going to be; even if you are in a different place.

  13. Hi Brooke,
    Kindergarten is Great. Tiring (esp Term 1) ~ yes, rewarding ~ absolutely.
    I had not taught Kinder for 12 years when I went back to it 4 years ago. But I Love it. If I can be of help in any way, give me a shout.I already know that I am having Kinder next year again.
    Classroom Fun