Image Map

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Alpha-bands!

Just wanted to show you something new I added to my TPT store tonight. This pack was born because YOU asked for it after seeing a pic of mine on Instagram. If you feel like following I am brookeb80.

I made an 'i' headband for my Kinders last week to practice their letter formation as well as looking at initial sounds and working on our fine motor skills of tracing, cutting and colouring. We made our headbands during our morning group time and it was fully assembled and ready to wear in 15 minutes! And no, it wasnt a fluke as I managed to get through this activity with 3 different groups of kids.

So the whole set has been created - from A - Z. (x is treated as a final sound rather than an X for Xray).

Have a look!


How cute is my model? That is my son Cameron who is in Kindergarten this year (and no, not at my school). The pictures above take you through step by step just how easy it is for little people to create an alpha-band.

You can go and download the 'i' version from TPT as the preview of the whole file.

Click on any pic to take you to TPT.


5 comments:

  1. So cute! I added this to my wishlist on tpt! :) I was curious if there was a reason you put the lowercase letter first? I LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No real reason....we dont focus a lot on upper case when we are doing the 'teaching' of each letter, its more incidental.

      Delete
  2. These are so cute, Brooke! Mel (From the Pond) sent me the link. I wanted you to know that I gave a shout out to you on my Facebook page!!! These headbands are just adorable!!!

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your alpha-bands are super cute! What a great idea! I'm sure your students loved this. I will pass your idea onto my K colleagues and may use this with my students at the beginning of next year! Thanks for sharing.
    If you are interested I am running my first giveaway for a TpT gift certificate and a freebie from my store!
    Tricks of the Trade in First Grade

    ReplyDelete