Image Map

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Community Building Books - Linky




When I saw this little linky over at Funky First Grade Fun, I thought it would be interesting to see what other teachers had to offer. I put a lot of time at the beginning of the year into stressing that we are a "team" and when one member of the team is not doing their job the whole team will suffer. I even named our class blog Team 2B to get that sense of team moral going.

I also talk a lot about risk taking. I know this is a hard concept for my Year 2s to get and know that it is definitely a behaviour that is hard to demonstrate.

My favourite book to read to get students thinking about their choices is

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
― Dr. SeussOh, the Places You'll Go!

Go link up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I have never used that book to help build community...but I will now! :) I'm a new follower!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete