Image Map

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Domino Parking Lot Freebie



Just a quick one as I get myself prepared for school tomorrow. I have had this week planned for a while, but the weekend is where I prep any small things I need to make the week work.

I am sure you have seen this idea on the internet somewhere...such as this one here on Pinterest.

This will be one of our activities this week, for both addition and subtraction.

If you have never played it you need:
*dominoes (small size is probably better)
*parking lot sheet

Students can work together or in pairs to 'park' their dominoes in the correct spot.

Use for addition - students add the two sides of the domino together and park in the total.
Use for subtraction - Students subtract the smaller side from the larger side and park in the remainder.

Warning : the car theme may cause some 'brooming' noises.

I have included two versions - with a domino representation and without.
Click the pic to go and download your freebie. It also has a second sheet with numbers 13-24 (thanks to a request).




Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict



6 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh and I just bought some dominoes this afternoon from Mr Toys Toyworld. They are double 9 dominoes; I also saw double 12. Brooke, do you reckon you could make a 2nd sheet, numbered 13-24, please? Happy to pay if you put it in your store.
    Love this parking idea. What fun!! Thank you!!!!
    And maybe higher numbers for multiplication... and my daughter asks can you please also do ships "parking" at a dock / marina; aliens and space ships parking at a space port and planes parking in their airport hangers or airport gate. You know, coz as a teacher and Mum, you have sooooo much spare time. lol! Bundle 'em in your store - we would buy it!!! Thanks for listening to our ramblings....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to add another sheet to the set for you :) Go and redownload the file! And thanks for the feedback. I will try to get a few more themes for you :) Be sure to check back soon.

      Delete
  2. Love it, thanks Brooke! I was on the verge of making something like this for my Yr 2's, yo have saved me the trouble, you are awesome :)
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke - I am so loving the new look of your blog and thanks for linking up. I love the parking lot. Have a great week.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It's one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke you are such a legend for making that second set. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete