Image Map

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Learning with YouTube

Nothing needs to be boring! YouTube is our friend!

There are so many resources available on YouTube to help us with concepts in the classroom and help make learning engaging for our kids.

Let me give you a couple of examples from our week this week....

Counting
Our backwards counting is not so great. I saw this clip in my daughters Kinder room and knew it would be a hit with my kids

This counting video is a great one for the beginning of the year with numbers to 10...


Magic 'e'
We know that very important rule that an 'e' can make a vowel say its name...these 2 videos are some that my kids in Kinder and last year in Yr 2 all enjoyed and helped them remember...


Morning Routine
We use these songs nearly every day as part of our morning routine or calendar time
Days of the week


Months of the Year

And lastly a time video that the kids love!


Do you have any favourite videos you use?


3 comments:

  1. Try again! Thanks for sharing those videos Brooke, will definitely be using the time video this week!

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love that Have Fun Teaching video as well-it gets stuck in my head for days! :) They like one called "If You're a Kid"-I forget who makes it and just for fun when we're stuck inside for recess we use the JustDance Kids videos-some of my girls know the choreography by heart! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use youtube every day! I have a pinterest board with brainbreak videos my kids love to do. I also use many educational videos to go along with concepts we're learning. The list is too long to post. Right now a class favorite is Go Bananas from the Learning Station. I put it on during their 5 minute pretzel break. They have to be done before the video is over, but most are done in minutes so they can join in the dance. I might make a loop of dance videos for indoor recess. Great idea! Sue

    ReplyDelete