Image Map

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Prefixes and Suffixes

It is one of the those tricky concepts to teach...where there are lots of rules involved, sometimes a bit of the teacher saying "It's like that and thats it!" and often a bit of frustration for students. When I looked at this with my Year 2 class in depth last year, I was after something engaging and meaningful. So I created this


I have just given this pack a little facelift so I wanted to share a couple of activities out of it.

Prefix and Suffix Spinners




 Prefix and Suffix Making Words Displays



Other things included are:
* 18 anchor charts
* Prefix and Suffix Spinner Games
* Read and Write the Room ( 8 prefix and suffix worksheets)
* Prefix and Suffix Display and brainstorming words
* Prefix and Suffix Flip Book Templates and instructions.

Click any pic to go and find it in my TPT store.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when I saw the BBQ idea. Now if I laughed my kids would LOVE it. Very creative idea.
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete