This looks like one awesome linky so I am jumping in too!
1. I am from Australia. I live in Panania, a small suburb on the outskirts of metro Sydney. It takes us about 30minutes to get into the city but to tell you truth, I hardly ever go there. Driving in the city freaks.me.out! Too many one way streets.
2. I was on the Australian swimming team for about 5 years. I competed at Pan Pacific Champs and World Champs. I tried out for the Olympic team in 1996 and 2000 but sadly, missed out :( Which brings me to #3
3. Due to my swimming abilities, I scored a swimming scholarship at Arizona State University. I remember talking to the recruiting agent on the phone and haveing him say to me, "Have you seen Jerry Maguire? That is our school!". I remember nearly fainting lol. And to this day when Cuba Gooding Junior says "I'm a Sun Devil Jerry!" I puff up with pride. Fork 'Em Devils.
|Thats me with the sunnies on my head and some of my awesome swim team girls standing on the football field|
4. I never wanted to go to university. I didnt apply for anything after high school. I wanted to work at a newspaper and start from the ground up. But going to college at ASU forced me to make a decision and for some reason that decision was teaching :)
5. I received an award last year for Excellence in Sport - promoting sport in school in my area. This was a pretty big shock, but sport in my area is on the decline because of families who dont have transport, cant afford it etc. So making school sport better is one of my driving passions at the moment.
6. Blogging is taking over my life!!!! (Is that a bit dramatic?) Since joinging the blogging world 3 months ago, I have improved my practice in ways I never thought of. This morning during our maths groups, My kids were playing all brand new games which I had created. I felt pretty proud.
7. I got engaged after 6 weeks of dating my husband. I was home in Australia for a holiday and we hooked up. Before I went back to the USA he asked me, I said yes and the rest is history. We have been married for 8 1/2 years.
8. I have a *secret* dream of writing a kids book. Maybe one day....
9. I have 2 babies - Madison 4 and Cameron 3. Madison starts school next year. When I think about it I freak out just a little!
10. I really appreciate everyone who reads my blog or follows my TPT store or even more awesome, buys my products. I love the whole feeling of community that this blog world has created for me!
Why not go link up too?